Mr. Spencer is a senior financial executive with over 15 years of experience. Prior to joining The Long Hill Company, Mr. Spencer served as CFO of a CCRC located in Groton, CT. Mr. Spencer also has experience as an independent consultant in the aging services industry providing interim and virtual CFO services as well as financial projection preparation and financial modeling. Mr. Spencer held the position of manager in the national Senior Living Services Consulting Group at RKL, LLP, and started his career at Ernst & Young, LLP as an auditor in the asset management space.
Mr. Spencer has over 15 years of experience as a financial executive having served both the asset management and senior care/seniors housing industries. As a CPA, Mr. Spencer brings a deep accounting background to the Director role including bookkeeping, financial reporting, metrics analysis, and scenario modeling. Mr. Spencer has managed teams large and small to successful outcomes though process reengineering and expanded reporting which resulted in better data distribution and decision-making.
- Financial Management – Has led the finance department for seven organizations. Responsible for month-end close, preparation of financial statements and metrics analysis, budget preparation and analysis, presentation of financial results, bank covenant compliance reporting, MSRB reporting, and projection preparation including cash projections/management.
- Operations – Involved in daily operations for several organizations included above and served as interim CEO for one. Familiar with senior care department makeup and roles and responsibilities within each department. Able to assess performance of teams and their contributions to financial outcomes.
- Distressed Assets – Worked closely with Chief Restructuring Officer on multiple engagements of distressed assets. Responsible for financial and treasury oversight as well as vendor management in times of financial distress. Prepared financial documents for bankruptcy court filing as well as ongoing reporting requirements during bankruptcy.
- Feasibility Services – Prepared financial models to evaluate financial feasibility of more than 15 projects including both for-profit and non-profit sponsors. Modeling was completed for both existing campus expansions and green field development sites.
- Capital Management – Experienced in capital formation and refinancing strategies. Has been involved in multiple debt financing and refinancing deals as well as equity and mezzanine capital raises.
- Virtual CFO of Connecticut CCRC with 120-bed SNF and 64-unit IL
- Virtual CFO for Connecticut AL/MC Developer
- Interim CFO/Distressed Asset Management of Massachusetts CCRC with 18-unit AL and 169-unit IL (bankruptcy)
- Interim CFO of Western Pennsylvania multi-site CCRC
- Pre-bankruptcy and sponsor transition planning for New York SNF/AL
- Proforma analysis for 10+ Pennsylvania CCRCs
- Project coordinator and financial analysis for New York 197-bed SNF
- Proforma analysis for Connecticut CCRC
Berks Community Health Center – Board Member, former Treasurer
The Highlands at Wyomissing – Finance Committee Member
Bachelors of Science in Finance, Northern Arizona University
MS Accounting/MBA, Northeastern University
Leadership Berks Program, Alvernia University
Certified Public Accountant, PA